Terms & Conditions
To keep our venue customer and community friendly, we encourage you to take a look at our terms and conditions below. If you have any questions or would like more information please get in touch.
1. Hire rates include tables (max 4) & chairs (max 80), sound system, wifi, flipchart stand and drinking water. Tables, chairs and flipchart stand have to be booked when you place your booking.
2. Hire rates do not include catering, plates or cutlery, use of projectors, live-streaming of events or any support staff. We are happy to quote for your requirements.
3. The slot you book must include your set-up and break-down/clean up time.
4. You are welcome to arrange your own catering, but you need to leave the venue clean and tidy after your event and remove any rubbish. You are unable to provide your own alcohol, but our bar can be open by arrangement.
5. You can include your event on our website listings if appropriate.
1. Once your booking is accepted, we require a 50% non-refundable deposit to secure the space. The balance is due 30 days before the event.
2. Regular bookings can attract further discounts, please get in touch to discuss.
3. We do not rent out the space to companies that don’t comply with the WHO Code of Marketing of Breastmilk Substitutes, and discourage the use of Nestlé products on our premises. Please read up on the Nestlé boycott if you want to know why.
4. All payments should be made to effraspace ltd.
1. We are unable to host events which are likely to be excessively noisy due to our venue being in a residential area.
2. The café and Pinter & Martin bookshop may be open to the public while your event takes place, unless you hire the whole venue.
3. There is to be no use of fridge/kitchen area unless prior agreement. We have no cooking facilities, nor microwave.
4. All used areas should be left clean and tidy and equipment returned to where it was found. We reserve the right to charge for additional cleaning if venue is not left clean.
5. Any of your own catering is to be prepared off site - we do not have any heating/kitchen facilities.
6. You must keep any use of the sound system to within the maximum volume.
7. No blue tack/cello-tape on walls allowed.